Friday 1 March 2013

planning- opening sequence scene 1.

Scene 1 – Opening Scene (to be filmed after the monologue has been recorded, for timing reasons)
Monologue is playing...
Main character is sat at his desk. He is working on an idea for his ‘article’. He is talking the audience through basic things, such as his name, what he’s doing, where he works. All the things the audience need to know to get the gist of what is happening within the scene.The scene will be quite relaxed, almost welcoming to the viewers, natural lighting and neutral colours. His desk will be pretty cluttered, reflecting his thoughts/emotions at this time. There’ll be a few magazine covers pinned onto the wall and scattered around – ones he may have helped edit or whatever. A picture frame with his favourite football team in perhaps, a cup of coffee, a cup full of stationary, a laptop..
He will be wearing his smart clothes from work. A pair of smart trousers and a white shirt, slightly unbuttoned to connote his stress and despair. Also this shows how he can be quite ‘hopeless’ and ‘careless’.


Monologue:
I suppose I should blame myself for my lack of good relationships. I’m the one who messes things up, 99% of the time. I mean, not all have been bad; I’ve not always been the bad guy. I’ve had my fair share of loonies and cheats for ex-girlfriends, just as much as the next guy.
But the majority of my relationships? I’ve messed them up.
My names Dave and I’m an intern journalist. I left uni last year, and since then I’ve been working for one of the biggest women’s magazine companies in the country. It’s my dream job, being the only man in the office has its perks I guess, but it’s been my dream to work here for ever. The thing is, I’ve been asked by my really hot boss to write an article about my various relationship experiences, to entertain the women readers.
If it’s enough, it’ll get published, and I will get a full time contract with the company – no pressure at all right?
The only problem is I’m struggling to find someone to write about.
Like I said, I’ve had many relationships, but I guess not many of them are…
*trails off on this line as his thoughts are disrupted by his idea*
(Excited): Wait! I could write about Chloe, my recent ex. Yeah we dated for a year…


*montage clip begins*

(Almost uncomfortable after remembering what happened): Nah, better not…

There’s always Alice? Ah no, I dumped her by text…
*montage clip two begins*

(In despair): I am honestly doomed!
*email comes through from Kate, he looks up and smiles – sort of an eureka moment*

I’ve never dated her before, but Kate’s hot, smart and pretty fun. I suppose it could work… (Sound of wonder in his voice as it trails off slightly)


*Opening title sequence will run*

No comments:

Post a Comment